Soak Your Nails in These Solutions for a Perfect At-Home Manicure
- Published in At-Home Manicure
If you spend hours at the nail salon every month, you’re probably wishing for an easier way to keep your nails looking their best without spending so much money and time. Between buffing, filing, cuticle treatments, and more, it can sometimes feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to maintain a great manicure. Fortunately, this has changed with new at-home solutions that allow you to soak your nails in powerful treatments designed to give them a salon-quality finish. Not only will these products save you money, but they are also easy to use and work quickly. Keep reading to learn everything about perfecting your at-home manicure from start to finish!
The best ways to soak your nails before a manicure
If your nails are particularly dry or brittle, add a few drops of olive oil or almond oil to the water. This will help soften them and make it easier for the nail technician to push back cuticles and shape your nails. After soaking, use a nail brush to gently push away any dirt from underneath the nails before patting them dry with a soft towel. Doing this step correctly will ensure that your manicure lasts longer and looks better too!
Once you’re done soaking, lightly buff each nail using a cotton buffer block to create a smooth surface before applying the base coat. You may want to apply some moisturizer around the cuticles before you start, as this will keep them looking and feeling healthy. Finally, apply a base coat to each nail, covering the entire surface for an even finish. This will help your color glide more smoothly and prevent staining from dark polishes. Allow the base coat to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to having beautiful nails in no time! Just remember that proper preparation is key – so make sure to take your time soaking and buffing before beginning your manicure for best results. Then, with a little extra effort, you can enjoy salon-quality nails right at home!
Herbal DIY nail soak recipe for strong nails
This herbal DIY nail soak recipe is perfect for strengthening their nails and keeping them healthy. This natural nail soak contains anti-inflammatory, skin-soothing ingredients that help promote the growth of strong and healthy nails.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 teaspoons of dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon of comfrey root powder
- 1 teaspoon of witch hazel extract
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Boil one cup of water and add in two teaspoons of dried lavender flowers. Cover the pot and steep for 10 minutes before straining out the herbs.
- Mix together one teaspoon of comfrey root powder, one teaspoon of witch hazel extract, and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil in a small bowl.
- Add the herb-infused liquid to the bowl and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water to remove any excess residue.
- Remove any remaining oils or herbs from your nails with a cotton ball soaked in warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this process twice per week for the best results!
With regular use, you’ll notice stronger and healthier nails within weeks!