1. Collection of Personal Information
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use your PI and other information we collect about you for lawful purposes only. Such uses may include, without limitation, use of your PI to:
- operate and improve our other products or services;
- understand you and your preferences for purposes such as to enhance your experience and enjoyment of our other products and services;
- process and deliver promotional (e.g., contests and sweepstakes) entries and rewards;
- send you a welcoming email;
- provide the services, products or information you request and to process payments and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our other products and services;
- send you surveys or questionnaires;
- send you newsletters you have requested;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests and sweepstakes, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Company and our selected partners;
- for editorial purposes, such as to contact you about content you have submitted to give attribution to content you submit;
- link or combine with other personal information we get offline and/or from third parties lawfully, for purposes such as to help understand your needs, provide you with better service, and determine whether marketing offers from third parties would be of interest to you; and
- investigate and take action against fraudulent or illegal activity or improper conduct and otherwise protect us and our users.
3.Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your PI for lawful purposes. For example:
- We may share your PI with our technical consultants, auditors and other third parties who act on our behalf, to enhance functionality, or to provide services related to the fulfillment of subscriptions or orders for any of our publications or other products and services (such as sending emails, processing credit cards, fulfilling subscriptions and other orders, providing customer service, and performing data-, information technology services-, or marketing-related services), and/or who assist us in producing, delivering, billing, collecting payments
- We may make your PI, along with certain other information about you (such as your interests in particular health or lifestyle topics or your subscription information), available to carefully screened third parties for the purpose of offering products and services that may interest you, unless you opt out of such information sharing.
4. Social Media – Sharing of Personal Information
Please be aware that when you connect and share your actions, comments, content and information, for example, through discussions or board postings on Social Media, they are not private. Others may capture personal information you post, including your email address, and may use the data to identify or contact you, including to send you emails. We cannot control such actions by others. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. If you share information about others, please be sure to respect their privacy and get consent for any information you may share about them. If you use our Email-a-Friend service, you represent that you have permission for the recipient to send that person the message and you accept that your name and email will be disclosed to them as part of that message.
5. Cookies, Web Beacons and Server Logs
We and third parties such as web hosting providers with whom we have contractual arrangements, advertisers and ad serving and tracking companies, sometimes utilize “cookie” technology and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) on or in connection with our sites. Cookies are bits of data stored on your hard drive that contain no personally identifying information (but may associate a unique identifier with your device and/or collect information that is hashed or otherwise converted to non-PII). Not all Web browsers accept cookies, and those that do usually provide a preference or setting that allows you to refuse and remove most types of browser cookies. If your browser does not accept cookies, you may still enjoy the Service but not all features and functionality may work.
We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our sites or in our emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, collect and share information that is converted to non-PII, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data (but do track device identifiers), such as the time and date of a Web visit or opening an email, the browser and operating system being used, and the Web URL a user linked from. This information may be used for various purposes, such as use in aggregate form to help us plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ Web-browsing systems. We also collect information about keyword searches performed by visitors on the Service. We do not collect your name or email address as a result of using a search feature. We may keep logs of all words searched to help us learn what kinds of information Service visitors are seeking, and to improve our Service.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices when the Service receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. Some third parties, however, may offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies, such as is described above regarding analytics and Interest-based Advertising.
6. Third Party Advertising and Analytics
7. Privacy and Security Precaution Warning
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via the Service.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to prospectively change, modify, add, or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please bookmark this page and check it periodically. We will post any changes online.